Your Employee Handbook for South African businesses and International businesses setting up in South Africa.
This manual is a workable compilation of Human Resources Policies and Procedures typically applied in South Africa.
It provides information and guidelines to management and employees on policies and procedures which govern the relationship between the company and its employees.
Its main purpose is to:
- Outline the terms and conditions of employment
- Provide the context and understanding of the company, the expected standards to be maintained by employees and core Company policies that apply in the application of the policies contained in this document
- Outline how the company plans for its hiring needs and executes the hiring process
- Outline how the company rewards and manages talent, including guidelines that assist the company employees in the performance of their duties
- Outline the policies and procedures on termination of employment, including payments and deductions that are applicable
The content of this Manual is arranged in sections and subsections in line with a typical employment life cycle. Annexures are included in a separate section at the end of the Handbook.
About the consultant
Simon is an experienced business leader who has performed at Executive & Board level for 25 years with a proven track record of delivering outstanding results in major FTSE 100 companies.
A wealth of experience in the Financial Services, Mining & Business Process Outsourcing sectors together with a strong background in Operational Leadership, Organisational Design, Project Management, HR, Strategy, Training and Learning & Development.
Respected as an international speaker and chair at conferences in the UK, Egypt and South Africa.
After 26 years in the Financial Services sector in the UK Simon held Director positions with Capita (UK) as Director Vibration White Finger and The Shareholder Partnership as Operations Director. Simon has created and chaired Audit, Remuneration and Finance Committees as well as Strategy Boards and Programme Offices.
In 2004 Simon established his own international leadership development and strategy company operating primarily in the UK, Egypt & South Africa.
The main focus has been a combination of designing and delivering bespoke leadership programmes, Executive Coaching and HR Strategic interventions.
Why is this Important
Policies and procedures are an essential part of any organization. Together, policies and procedures combined in a comprehensive Employee Handbook provide a roadmap for day-to-day operations.
They ensure compliance with laws and regulations, give guidance for decision-making, and streamline internal processes.
It essential to point out that it provides as well information and guidelines to management and employees on policies and procedures which govern the relationship between the company and its employees.